Looking for somewhere that is natural and unspoilt, a special and unique place
to visit, with something for everyone. Lydd, Dungeness, Lydd-on-Sea and Greatstone
on the Romney Marsh in Kent – The Fifth Continent offers all that and more.
• Miles of glorious, uncrowded and unspoilt sandy beaches — perfect for families and wind-driven sports.
• Lying on a main bird migratory route and with rare flora and fauna over the whole
area, it is a must for birdwatchers and naturalists.
• Historical sites to see for those interested in history.
• Inspirational shingle gardens.
• Quiet lanes on a level terrain for walkers and cyclists.
• Golf, go-karting and speedway; multiple water activities and family fun water rides
on a lake;
• Kite flying and kite surfing; and sea swimming for all those who like some action.
• Superb coarse, beach and boat fishing for anglers.
• Wonderful photographic opportunities with wildlife, dramatic skies, fishing boats and
• Many indoor places of interest to visit in Lydd and Dungeness.
• For an aerial view, climb the Old Lighthouse, take a flight over Romney Marsh or fly
with a Spitfire.
...a place especially for those who love the outdoors